Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Whew!  What a busy week we've had and it's only Tuesday! 

Last week we welcomed my new nephew Zachary into the world.  This is my brother and sister-in-law's second baby.  I was able to go up to the hospital last Tuesday and hold and smell and cuddle and smell and admire and smell that wonderful bundle of joy!  Oh man, I've got baby fever real bad!  I know, I know most of you are thinking, WHAT!?!  I just can't help it, I love my children so much and have wanted another one for some time now, but as most of you know, my plumbing doesn't work anymore, so I'll just have to settle for smelling and holding my nieces and nephews.  :) 

Speaking of nieces and nephews, my sister's kids came to stay with us over the weekend while she and my brother-in-law went hunting.  It was so much fun having them around again.  They moved at the beginning of the summer and I havn't seen them for some time.  Having all six kids in this small apartment was no easy task, but it was very much enjoyed.  My niece and Jaxon are only 5 months apart in age.  Jaxon loved having his cousin around.  They played so hard and had so much fun.  Kennedy and my nephew are also five months apart.  Jacob and my nephew spent a lot of time together playing video games and Kennedy was so helpful and entertained the three younger kids playing school and dancing with them.  They all put on a dance show Saturday night freestyling their own unique moves.  It was so funny.  Sunday my sister and her husband came home and spent the night with us.  They cooked some backstrap from one of the deer they shot and it was so good.  I've really missed having my sister around.  She is my absolute best girlfriend.  Not seeing her everyday has been really tough.  It was so nice to just hang out and talk Monday morning before our little ones got up.  When she left Monday, she took Jaxon with her.  I was left here alone and it wasn't the nice pleasant time I thought it was going to be.  I truly missed having Jaxon around.  I think I called Danny at work five times because I was so sad.  Man if it's this bad when he's just going for a two night stay, can you imagine how I'm going to be when he's in school???

Sunday at church Danny started feeling bad.  We had to do some grocery shopping after church and he started to have a low.  At least he was able to recognize it and went and sat down and drank a soda.  Karaline also started running a fever on Sunday and had been complaining about her throat hurting the night before.  I just thought, oh man, no strep, please!  Thankfully, Danny got up and went to school feeling much better, and Karaline got up with no fever and went to school that day as well.  :)

Well, today I went to the doctor to have my toe looked at.  I've had a pretty bad infection in it for about a month now, and it's only gotten worse.  The doctor ended up taking both sides of my toenail off.  So now I have a mohawk toenail!  :)  Jacob went with me for moral support.  He was my hand holder while I got shots in my toe.  It was nice to have him there with me.  Afterward we came home and he really took care of me.  He cleaned the kitchen, loading and unloading the dishwasher and wiping down the counters.  Every time I got up to do something he reminded me to lay on the couch with my foot proped up.  He's going to make a good husband one day.  :) 

Here is some new news...today I had a phone interview with our local town paper.  They called to do a story on Danny our family and our journey to the transplant list.  I was able to share how through out all of our hardships and disappointments God has been in total control of this entire situation.  How I am thankful for Christ coming down from Heaven to save us from an eternity without God and that even if God's will is for Danny's life to end, that I know I will see him again in Heaven.  That alone is a comfort to me.  A photographer came out this evening and took some pictures of us with Danny.  Jaxon is the only one who won't be in the photograph because he won't be home until tomorrow sometime.  The story is supposed to run in the Thanksgiving day paper.  I pray that somehow I've been a true witness for Christ in what I shared with the reporter and that lives will be changed because of what Christ has done for us and what He can do for them.

Did I tell you all that I'm making Thanksgiving dinner here at our apartment?  :)  Don't laugh!  Those of you who know me, know that I'm not that great of a cook, but I'm going to give it my best.  All the kids are going to help out too.  Each of them is in charge of cooking a side dish and dessert, with my help, of course.  :)  Tomorrow we bake the pies and (for Karaline) the cupcakes.  Karaline is so cute.  She asked me yesterday if we could have a Thanksgiving party.  I told her of course we could!  She was so excited and sat next to me and helped make our menu and shopping list.

I heard yesterday from my friend that we have already presold 75 cookbooks for Danny's fundraiser!  God is so Great!  I cannot wait to see how He provides for us in the next few weeks to come.  Please continue to be in prayer about the timing of the cookbook shipment.  We want to have these cookbooks available the week of Christmas and we are just pushing it so close.  I have faith that God will provide. 

With Thanksgiving coming this week, I took a moment to reflect on all the things that I am truly thankful for, my children, the precious time I have with my husband, but I am also thankful for the family and friends that have been there with prayers and words of encouragement and meals and even unearned paychecks from a company who views its employees as actual people and not just a number.  Thank you! 

I have had the hardest time asking for help.  As one dear friend pointed out to me, that is my prideful nature.  So, thank you all for being so faithful to follow God's Word by reaching out to our family during this time.  Thank you all for being compassionate and concerned and loving and gracious.  I know that God will bless your efforts.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!  Crystal:)

No comments: