Monday, November 16, 2009

What a Week!

Hi everyone.  Please forgive me and my lack of blogging skills.  I wasn't sure how often I should update this blog and I'm a little behind.  This last week was a real busy one.  Lately I've noticed that the weeks are just flying by and I feel like I'm being left behind.  :) 

Danny had a rough week.  He reinjured his hernia while playing with Jaxon and Karaline.  It looks like a big huge nose in the middle of his belly.  You know, like the character wimpy from Popeye?  That's what his hernia looks like now.  I laughed so hard I had tears running down my cheeks when I saw him without his shirt on.  I'm sure this sounds mean, but you really had to see it to understand my giggles.  Work this week for him was hard.  He's becoming more and more tired but he just keeps on going so he can take care us.  We had a special Saturday when we went to his sister's house in Hempstead and attended a birthday party for his Dad.  It was really great to see everyone, some of whom we haven't seem in nearly two years.  Shame on us for letting that happen!

Jacob also had a rough week.  We ran out of his medicine last Wednesday and haven't been able to fill his prescription because it costs around $150.00 every month and this month, we just didn't have the money.  Jacob had a hard time staying focused and on task.  I hope we can fill his prescription this week, but I'm not sure if that will happen with the bills that are due and past due that need to be paid.  He had a math project and a science project both due this past week.  He came home today and showed me that he made a 100 on his math project!!!  :)  We're still waiting on the science grade.  I was able to contact a high school student from our church who offers math tutoring for FREE!  She is going to come in and tutor Jacob as often as our schedules allow.  Praise God!  Jacob hasn't mentioned recently any problems at school, again, Praise God.  I continue to pray for God to show me how He wants me to proceed with Jacob's education, ie. homeschool, private school or public school.  I feel very burdened by this situation, but I am trying to not take control and am relying on God to lead us to what His plans are for Jacob and his education.  He played in a volleyball tourny this weekend with our church youth group.  The tourny was to raise money for students to be scholarshiped for mission trips in the future.  Over $3000.00 was raised!  Jacob had a great time, and it was fun just being able to cheer for him.  He tried out for the Jr. High basketball team.  He didn't make the team, but it didn't bother him too much either.  It releaved me!  Now I feel like he'll have more time to focus on his education, rather than be at practices after school.

Kennedy has been doing very well in school and loves her teachers and friends.  She comes home nearly everyday with some cheer or routine that she and her girlfriends made up during recess.  The other day she told me that two of her friends at school weren't her friends anymore because they were being bossy.  She was nearly crying.  I prayed with her and asked for God to give these girls softer hearts.  The next day Kennedy came home and said that God had answered her prayer and everyone was friends again.  She wrote a letter to Santa this week.  It was so sweet.  She asked for Santa to bring her dad a new liver for Christmas.  Then she wrote that she didn't want to sin anymore and wanted Jesus to come and live in her heart.  It brought Danny and me to tears.  What a compassionate young lady she is.  I was watching the new Tinker Bell movie with her on Sunday. Out of the blue she said to me that she thought the first Tinker Bell movie was about perserverance because Tinker Bell kept on trying even when everyone else told her she couldn't do something.  Then she said she thought this new Tinker Bell movie was about forgivenss.  She was right.  She is so smart.  Lately, Kennedy has been practicing on her solo routine for competition.  She is such a great dancer.  She may be small, but she has a lot of talent in her.  It has been one of my dreams to be able to take her to see the Nutcracker Ballet.  Each year I say I'm going to take her, but we've just not been able to afford the tickets.  I'd also love to take Jacob to see A Christmas Carol.  I don't think he'd be thrilled about the Nutcracker as much as Kennedy would be.  :)  I love the theater.  I always have.  I even took Danny to his first opera when we were dating.  I would love to be able to take the kids there to experience acting and dancing and music firsthand. 

Karaline is also doing well in school.  She is so cute.  She has this clipboard here at home that she loves to carry around with her and write words down that she sees.  She can't read, yet, but she knows the letters are making up words and she copies them.  She also loves to draw pictures.  Maybe she'll become an artist.  Today she drew a poster for Jump Rope for Heart.  They are fundraising for that at her school.  She is very diligent with doing her homework.  Every Monday they bring home homework folders.  She is so excited to get started on it.  She even tries to figure out what the directions are before I can read them to her.  I'm glad she likes school.  This week she helped me so much with the laundry and making her bed.  We all worked very hard on getting the girls room in order.  She got right up this morning and made her bed without me even asking.  I was so proud of her.  :)

Jaxon melts my heart every time we sit down to eat.  He has learned to give thanks to God for our food.  Of course he thanks God for everything but the food!  But God knows his heart.  He even reminds me that we need to say our prayer when I sometimes forget, and he's not shy about thanking God even if we are in public.  He thanks God for all of his family, by name, and this past weekend, when my sister and her family were visiting, Jaxon thanked God for all of them too!  He really is my special little boy.  I can't believe that he'll be four in December.  It really hurts my heart.  :(  He is also doing so well at being obedient the first time I ask or tell him something.  Thank you God for that. 

I've been very tired lately.  Often I am tempted to just lay down and sleep.  The stress that I've been carrying about our bills has nearly made me sick.  I'm pretty good at keeping things bottled up and not showing my true emotions.  I've been doing that a lot.  Have you ever just felt like you were drowning?  That is how I feel constantly.  There are so many things on my mind, on top of being concerned about Danny's health.  I am going through many trials, other than Danny's health, in my life right now.  Every where I turn, God is speaking to me, through sermon passages, through advise being given by beautiful friends, even through other church billboards.  I passed one yesterday that said "GOD IS FAITHFUL, RETURN THE FAVOR".  What a slap in the face that was!  God is faithful.  Why aren't I showing any FAITH in HIM???!!!  Yesterday I was at our church grow group meeting literally crying through my prayer requests with three wonderful, wise ladies and dear friends, and one of them shared with me Psalm 69, a cry of distress and imprecation on adversaries.  She specifically showed me vs. 16 and 17..."Answer me, O Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good; According to the greatness of Your compassion, turn to me, And do not hide Your face from Your servant, For I am in distress; answer me quickly."  This morning after I spent time in prayer I opened my Bible and re-read that passage.  It helped me realize that God is greater than any trial I am facing.  God has compassion for me and I can call out to Him when I am feeling like I am drowning.  I called out to God this morning in prayer.  Please pray that I am faithful to listen to what He has to say to me. 

Here is some exciting news to share!  The ladies at our church, (myself included, don't laugh) and some of my family members are putting together a cookbook as a fundraiser for our family.  All the proceeds will go to help with the financial burden we are facing with Danny's health.  I've been entering receipes for two days now, it seems almost non-stop!  A very dear friend of mine is heading up this fundraiser and is doing a fantastic job with it as well!  I truly cannot thank her enough.  We optimistically set a goal for 100 receipes, and God has blessed us with over 200 receipes!  Isn't that just great?!  I've already pre-sold 10 to one person alone!  I can't wait to see how God is going to bless our efforts and provide for us with this fundraiser.

Well, I'll close for now.  I'm sure if I post more often it won't be so long.  Thanks for taking an interest our family and the struggles and triumphs we face daily.
Crystal:)

No comments: